Bright Beginnings is a non-profit organization run by the community, for the community.
The Board members are volunteers from our community who work alongside the teachers
to help them run the preschool.
In September our current Board members will be ready to move on to other Boards in the
community as their children grow and their interests change.
We are inviting parents, grandparents and community members to volunteer for the following positions that will open:
We ask that volunteers stay on the Board for a full year, but your time commitment is
minimal; attendance at one meeting a month during the school year is required. It’s a
great way to be involved in your child’s schooling and play an active role in your community.
Skills required: leadership skills, business skills an asset
• Lead and chair the Board of Directors
• Provide policy guidance for the Board to maintain BBs philosophy and goals
• Represent and support BBs philosophy and goals
• Plan, prepare agendas for and attend Board meetings and the AGM
• Act as the main liaison between the Board and Staff members
• Ensure BBs documentation and enrolment etc. are kept up to date
• Communicate with parents as needed
• Assume and fill Board member roles when they are vacant
• Excel, basic computer skills
• Review Parent Handbook and keep updated
• Maintain the Class lists
• Submit monthly enrolment reports for Government funding
• Collect required data for registered children
• Fill in for President, if necessary, at Board meetings